Cancer Society liaison nurses are experienced cancer nurses with specialised knowledge and skills in supporting people with cancer in the community.
If you, or someone you know, has been diagnosed with cancer, is currently receiving treatment or is living with cancer, our friendly liaison nurses are able to offer support and information.
Following a cancer diagnosis, Cancer Society liaison nurses can provide:
- Home visits and support for you and your family/whānau
- Information about cancer and cancer treatment
- Assessment and support to manage the side effects of treatment
- A link to other health care professionals and community services
- Referrals to other Cancer Society services and support groups
- Advocacy to help you resolve any difficulties or anxieties about your treatment
This free service is available throughout the region. Our liaison nurses are available to talk on the phone or visit you at home. You can also speak to a liaison nurse at your local Cancer Society office of another location which suits you.
For more information or to talk to a liaison nurse contact us.