Because our volunteers make it possible!
Whether it's hours, days or months, the time you give really does matter!
Volunteers provide vital support to the Cancer Society and are a valued part of our workforce. Without the support and commitment of dedicated volunteers we would not be able to provide our wide range of free services. Because of the important nature of the work involved and the need to maintain the highest standards, volunteers are generally asked to join our team for a minimum of three to six months of regular volunteer service.
When you join our Cancer Society volunteer team you ensure that we can continue to achieve our mission of reducing the incidence and impact of cancer in our communities. Volunteer roles available include -
- Driving people to and from cancer treatment and appointments
- Offering support and information at hospital oncology departments
- Assisting at the Cancer Society's Lions Lodge
- Providing practical support to people affected by cancer in your own community
- Helping with clerical and administration work in our offices
- Assisting with fundraising events such as Daffodil Day and Relay For Life, either in preparation for the event or on the day
- Health promotion advocacy, campaigns and events
Our commitment to our volunteers is to provide on-going training, support and recognition and make every effort to match your availability and level of commitment with the needs of the volunteer role or assignment. Become a volunteer today and make a difference in the lives of the one in three New Zealanders affected by cancer.