How to volunteer
Do you want to volunteer with the Cancer Society?
Our volunteers provide vital support to the Cancer Society - without their commitment, we would not be able to do the work we do in our communities.
If you are interested in volunteering, the application process would include:
- filling out an expression of interest form in the first instance
- an application pack will then be sent out to you
- on completition of applicaiton pack you will be invited to an interview to meet and talk about your interests and possible roles
- a character reference and a police check/ministry of justice check will then be completed
- you will then be required to attend an orientation day
All new volunteers coming on board are required to attend an orientation/training day before becoming a volunteer. They will be introduced to the Cancer Society and how we work. We also offer an online orientation for some of our roles.
If you would like to find out more about volunteering opportunities, please contact:
Volunteer Development Manager
Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society
P: 07 903 5803