How to volunteer
Do you want to volunteer with the Cancer Society?
Our volunteers provide vital support to the Cancer Society - without their commitment, we would not be able to do the work we do in our communities. There are a range of volunteering opportunities to match different interests and available time, including:
- providing practical support to people affected by cancer
- driving people with cancer to their medical appointments and treatment
- helping with clerical and administration work in our offices
- offering support and information at hospital oncology departments
- assisting at the Cancer Society's Lions Lodge
- assisting with fundraising events such as Daffodil Day and Relay For Life, either in preparation for the event or on the day.
If you are interested in volunteering, the application process would include:
- filling out an expression of interest form in the first instance
- application form
- an invitation to meet and talk about your interests and possible roles
- a character reference and a police check
All new volunteers coming on board are required to attend an orientation/training day before becoming a volunteer. They will be introduced to the Cancer Society and how we work. We also offer an online orientation for some of our roles.
If you would like to find out more about volunteering opportunities, please contact:
Volunteer Development Manager
Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society
P: 07 903 5803