A gift in your Will
No matter how large or small, a gift in your Will to the Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society is a powerful way to create hope for a better tomorrow for our children and grandchildren.
Your Will can…
- Change lives for the better by ensuring those going through cancer receive compassionate care and support.
- Increase life expectancy for people with cancer by funding cancer research.
- Help prevent cancer in our communities through health promotion and education.
A gift of any size is always appreciated. Leaving a bequest is a way to give beyond your lifetime and help to ensure the Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society can continue to provide our wide range of vital community services. There are several ways to leave a gift to the Cancer Society in your Will:
- Leave a residue gift: After providing for your family and friends, you can nominate to leave part or all of the remainder of your estate to the Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society.
- Leave a percentage: You can leave a nominated percentage of your estate to the Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society
- Leave a specific gift: You can choose to leave a specific amount of money, real estate, bonds, stock or other assets you believe would be useful to the Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society.
When making a Will or establishing a family trust, we suggest you discuss your wish to leave a bequest to the Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society with a solicitor or trustee company and talk about the possible options.
While gifts in your Will can be left anonymously, if you decide to leave a bequest to the Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society please let us know; we would like to thank you for your support.
You may know of someone who is currently faced with making preparations for death or dealing with bereavement. Please contact us if you would like information about support services or practical matters during this time.
To speak to someone in confidence about a gift in your Will or for a bequest information pack, please contact:
Supporter Relations Coordinator
Waikato/Bay of Plenty Cancer Society
P: 07 903 5814